ZONE 1 TYPE EX ‘e’ ATEX CATEGORY 2
The Defender hazardous area Ex e fluorescent luminaire is designed for use in Zone 1 areas The rugged Defender combines high quality and low maintenance. It is constructed of a glass reinforced polyester (GRP) body and a polycarbonate diffuser to resist highly saline and other harsh, corrosive environments.
Major features of the luminaire are the strength of the enclosure and mounting points together with the very high degree of ingress protection afforded by the simple reliable construction.
All the control gear is mounted on a gear tray. This ease of access to lamps and control gear ensures that installation and maintenance will be completed quickly and efficiently.
- Type of Protection: Ex e mb q (Increased safety Encapsulation Powder filling)
- ATEX Classification: Group II Category 2 GD
- Area Classification: Zone 1 and 21 areas to EN 60079-10-1 and EN 60079-10-2 with installation to EN 60079-14
- Certificate: EC Type Examination Certificate Baseefa04ATEX0220
- Coding: II 2 GD Ex e mb q IIC T4 Tamb 55ÆC
- Enclosure: GRP body with polycarbonate cover and brass suspension points
- Reflector/Geartray: White polyester painted zinc coated steel
- Entry: 4 x M20 cable entries, 2 at each end
- Termination: Quick release mains terminals – 3 core 4mmÇ max. conductor with looping and 16A rating through wiring. (6mmÇ terminations available -/SC option)
- Installation: Two M8 tapped brass inserts located on rear of body
- Control Gear: High Frequency
- Relamping: Quick release diffuser clamp and hinged cover
- Lampholder: G13 (Bi-pin)
- Burning Position: Universal
- Ingress Protection: IP66/67 to EN 60529
- Electrical Supply: 220V – 254V 50/60Hz, 220 – 300V dc