HAZEX Defender Plus
ZONE 1 TYPE EX ‘e’ FLUORESCENT ATEX CATEGORY 2 STAINLESS STEEL
The hazardous area Defender Plus Ex e fluorescent is a stainless steel body version. This product shares the technical features of the Defender GRP bodied range but provides increased mechanical protection for the toughest of environmental conditions.
The durability of the stainless steel Defender Plus is ensured due to its construction from high grade stainless steel and a polycarbonate diffuser. The product is intended for applications where a risk of mechanical damage or exposure to chemical agents exist.
The enclosure also affords the high degree of ingress protection (IP66) required for use in Zone 1 and Zone 21 hazardous areas. The design provides ease of access to lamps and control gear ensuring that installation and maintenance will be completed quickly and efficiently.
- Type of Protection ATEX Classification: Ex e mb q (Increased safety Encapsulation Powder filling)
- ATEX Classification: Group II Category 2 GD
- Area Classification: Zone 1 and Zone 21 areas to EN60079-10-1 and EN 60079-10-2 with installation to EN 60079-14
- Certificate: EC Type Examination Certificate Baseefa04ATEX0220
- Coding: II 2 GD Ex e mb q IIC T4 Tamb 55°C (45°C for emergency version)
- Enclosure: Marine grade 316S31 stainless steel body with polycarbonate cover
- Reflector/Geartray: White polyester painted zinc coated steel
- Entry: 4 x M20 cable entries, 2 at each end
- Termination: Quick release mains terminals – 3 core 4mm2 max. conductor with looping and through wiring facility. 4 core 4mm2 connectors on emergency).(6mm2 terminations available – /SC option)
- Installation: Two M8 tapped stainless steel inserts located on rear of body
- Lampholder: G13 (Bi-pin)
- Control Gear: High Frequency
- Relamping: Quick release diffuser clamps and hinged cover
- Burning Position: Universal
- Ingress Protection: IP66 to EN 60529
- Electrical Supply: 220V – 254V 50/60Hz | 220V – 300V dc (non-emergency only)
- Battery: Internal Ni-Cd (6V)
- Duration: 90 minutes to EN60598-2-22
- Emergency Output: 50% of one lamp (18W) 25% of one lamp (36W)